Skin Treatment and non-surgical rejuvenation
In recent year the increasingly widespread use of anti-wrinkle injection (Botox) and dermal fillers have revolutionized non-surgical facial rejuvenation. No longer are these treatments the exclusive domain of celebrities, it is now available to everyone who desires a more youthful, refreshed and natural appearance.
We provide a range of specialist treatment including anti-wrinkle (Botox) injection, dermal fillers, as well as the expertise of a dermal therapist. We provide an individual assessent of the your skin type, identify specific areas that would benefit from treatment and formulate a treatment plan customized for you.
Anti wrinkle injections, such as Botox® or Dysport®, are now used all over the world both for facial aesthetic enhancement and also reconstructive purposes.
How do anti wrinkle injections (Botox) work?
- Anti-wrinkle injections contain a purified protein which binds to parts of the muscle that normally receive signals from nerve endings.
- This allows the muscle to relax, reducing the skin creases or wrinkles that is normally produced by the persistent contraction of these muscles.
- The effect should be noticeable within a few days, giving a fresh and rejuvenated appearance.
Where are the Botox injections most commonly used?
For many years, anti-wrinkle injections have been used for many medical problems such as uncontrolled muscle contraction in cerebral palsy and blepharospasm. It is now commonly used around the world for cosmetic enhancement of the face.
- Forehead to reduce forehead frown lines.
- Around the eyes to reduce crows feet and glabellar frown lines between the eyebrows.
- Around the lips to reduce fine wrinkles.
- The chin to reduce wrinkling over the chin.
- In Asian countries, it is commonly used to reduce the bulk of the jaw muscles to create a more aesthetically pleasing facial contour.
How long does it anti wrinkle injections (Botox) last?
- The duration of the effect depends on the amount used, the number of courses of treatment applied and also previous treatments.
- In general, we would expect the effect to last between 3-6 months, although there is significant individual variation.
How is the injection given?
- Coastal PSC provides each patient with a complete analysis of facial aesthetics. Areas of treatment are identified and an individual treatment plan is formulated.
- Injections are given to the planned areas with a very fine needle in the relaxed environment of our skin treatment room.
- There is a slight sting with each treatment however the vast majority of patients find anti-wrinkle injection treatment very comfortable.
Are there any side effects?
- Anti-wrinkle injections have been used for several decades for both cosmetic and reconstructive purposes.
- Like any medication there is a risk of reactions but in general side effects are uncommon.
- Occasionally, there may be very small areas of bruising or swelling but generally there is very minimal “downtime” associated with treatment.
Injectable fillers are materials that are commonly used around the world for many aesthetic and reconstructive purposes. They include natural substances such as hyaluronic acid, collagen, fat and many others.
Injectable fillers are used cosmetically to subtly add volume and improve the contour of facial features, restoring a more youthful and refreshed appearance. This aims to address the volume loss resulting from the normal aging process, which leads to formation of wrinkles and sagging of facial soft tissue.
While it is most commonly used on the face, it is also effective in correcting contour irregularities in other areas of the body, such as in scars.
Where are dermal fillers most commonly used?
- Lips – for volume enhancement and also to treat fine lines around the lips.
- Cheeks and nasolabial folds – these aim to reduce the depth of the creases and wrinkles in the area.
- Around the eyes – particularly the “tear trough” area.
- Nose and chin - subtle reshaping of these areas.
- Brow – subtle reshaping and lifting.
While many areas may benefit from this treatment, we believe that facial rejuvenation with fillers should provide a subtle and natural improvement. Often, they can be used in conjunction with other surgical and non-surgical treatments to achieve the best possible result.
How are dermal filler injections given?
- As with our other non-surgical treatments, dermal filler treatment can be safely and comfortably performed in the relaxing environment of our treatment room.
- Local anaesthesia may be required to maximize comfort during treatment.
- There is a slight sting with the injection, however the vast majority of patients find treatment very comfortable.
Are there any side effects of dermal fillers?
- All treatments carry the potential of unwanted effects.
- Coastal PSC generally recommends and uses non permanent fillers which generally last between 4-18 months.
- There may be some mild redness, swelling and discomfort after treatment.
- Uncommonly, there can be lumpiness and other cosmetic concerns. Infections and other complications are rare.